The Malta Citizenship by Investment Programme grants European citizenship within 12 months. In a matter of 2-3 weeks of submitting a Malta Citizenship application, applicants receive e-Residence Cards granting Maltese residency with full Schengen rights. Once Maltese citizenship is granted, the new Maltese citizens enjoy access to 168 countries visa-free including the UK and USA. The Programme does not only offer mobility rights, but it also offers great advantages to families – it is valid for life and is passed on to future generations by descent. Children enjoy access to a high quality international education and healthcare system - provided free to Maltese citizens. Maltese Citizenship by Investment offers a European standard of living within a Mediterranean setting.
|CAPITAL CITY: Valletta
||LANGUAGES: Maltese, English
|VISA FREE COUNTRIES: 166 inc. US, UK
|TOTAL AREA: 316 km²
|NEAREST COUNTRY: Italy, 255 km
||TIME ZONE: Central European Time Zone (UTC+01:00)
Malta enjoys a stable political climate and a bi-partisan political scene that is largely convergent on issues of national and economic importance. Malta and Germany were the only two states in the Euro Zone maintaining economic growth during the financial crisis. Malta’s banks have been ranked amongst the top 5 soundest banks in the world. Malta has been a member of the EU since 2004 and of the Schengen Area since 2007.
Maltese Citizenship by Investment may be granted under an amendment passed in November 2013 to the Maltese Citizenship Act, Chapter 188 of the Laws of Malta. These amendments provided the framework for the enactment of LN 47 of 2014. The “Malta Individual Investor Programme (MIIP) rules provide for affluent persons of impeccable standing and repute to be naturalised and to receive Maltese citizenship on the basis of a contribution to and investment in Malta.
- European Union citizenship within 1 year;
- Schengen residency while you wait;
- Right to live, study, work, do business, retire, unite family;
- Citizenship handed down automatically to newly born;
- Education & Health-care: high quality, internationally recognised & acclaimed;
- Tax Residency: Source & Remittance based taxation only. No Wealth Tax. No Asset Reporting. No Inheritance Tax;
- Low minimum presence requirement;
- Visa free travel to 166+ Countries, inc. UK, US, CA.
- The main applicant must be 18 years of age and in good standing;
- Home purchase or rent at €350,000 /16,000p.a.;
- Contribution of €650,000;
- Establish a genuine connection with Malta;
- Buy Government bonds amounting to €150,000.
Process & Timeline
Why Work With Us