FinanceMalta is a public-private partnership set-up to promote Malta financial-service sector. Its main motive to promote Malta’s financial service brand, both within, as well as outside of its shores; Promoting and leading Malta to grow and prosper in the legal, regulatory and fiscal industries.
It was launched proficiently as Malta entered the Euro zone and it co-ordinates closely with the before-mentioned industries in order to promote and market regulate in business areas such as investment services, mutual funds, trustee services, insurance and banking.
It assists practitioner to market the Malta concept in various areas, some of which are:
- Holding overseas immovable
- Intra group financing operations
- Investment portfolio/trading
- International trading operations – managing the administration/logistics of a company’s export
- The attraction of Malta as a domicile for investment funds in the provision of administration and investor services.
- Holding companies for EU/non-EU subsidiaries
Additional to this FinanceMalta
also creates business and networking opportunity for the firms operating in the sectors. It also synergizes the different investment sub-sectors so as to complement and sustain each other for a better environment.
It offers a single, supervisory body, the Malta Financial Service Authority, which ensures full compliance with the EU regulations, while still keeping its speed and flexibility. FinanceMalta
attends events and conferences outside of Malta, such as the Asian Financial Forum so as to build key relationships and acquire additional knowledge.